Friday, October 5, 2012

Influenster: Desert Essence

Hey guys! Another Influenster review!

I'm using Influenster's product page description and my review will be under the pictures.

• Infuses hair with moisture and restores healthy shine
• Strengthens hair
• Helps smooth damaged hair and reduce frizz without weighing hair down

Bring out hair’s natural beauty as you nourish it. This lightweight lotion helps smooth and defrizz hair naturally and without weighing it down. Infused with:

• Coconut Oil and Extract to provide essential nutrients to smooth damaged hair
• Cactus and Agave drench hair in moisture and help restore a healthy shine
• Vitamins A, E, and Panthenol strengthen hair

Available at select Whole Foods locations, natural independent retailers, and desertessence.com 


So, call me weird but I really don't care for coconut scented things. I'm more of a floral scented girl. Also, I don't put product in my hair, other than shampoo, conditioner, and detangler. I hate the feeling of product in my hair; it makes me feel heavy and gross and greasy, whether my hair looks that way or not.

So I wasn't pumped about this guy. But I used it anyway... and I was surprised that it didn't make my hair feel greasy. There is a very strong coconut scent when applying but that fades after a while. However, the next morning when I was showering, I was reminded of the scent as I could smell it while washing my hair. Yuck. Coconut. I know, I'm weird.

I'm not going to lie, I only used a little bit of this once. It just doesn't interest me and even though it didn't leave my hair feeling greasy, it felt greasy to apply.

If you love coconut and smoothing products like this, I would recommend it. It's just not for me.

Talk to you soon!
Amanda

"This product was provided free of charge by Influenster for my honest opinion."