Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lac Attack Magical Musings Collection!

Hey guys!

I have a treat for you today! Lac Attack recently released a collection in collaboration with Kirsten from Glitta Gloves and it's all about Harry Potter! Ana was kind enough to send me 5 of the polishes to review and I have them for you today! 

I do have a confession.... I have never seen Harry Potter so I have no idea what these references mean. But that doesn't mean I can't love the polish!!



First is Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, orange and yellow glitter in a clear base. I layered 2 coats over China Glaze Sunset Sail. Application was fine with this, not thick or gloopy at all.



Next up is Death Day Party. I used two coats over Bettina Orchidea. Guys, I LOVED this! I was swatching these polishes initially and I stopped with this one because I wanted to keep wearing it!So, I have no base coat or top coat on with this and I didn't have any chips or tip wear after a full day of working and freight and typing!

The base is too sheer to build to opacity on its own (well, at least, it looked like it to me and I didn't want to use 2956248572 coats), but it's perfect for layering! You can see flashes of orange, purple, blue, green... so so pretty!



Next is Durmstrong, a shimmery blue base with black shards of matte glitter. I used two coats over China Glaze Shower Together. I did move the black shards around a bit but it wasn't terrible.




The Horcrux of It... a black base with green, gold, and orange glitters. This was one of my favorites. I used 2 coats of Wet n Wild Black Creme.




 Finally, Hogwarts, a multi colored glitter bomb! OBVIOUSLY I love this one! I used 3 coats on its own, with no top coat.






So there you have it! These were all really easy to work with, no flooding or pooling or dragging or streaking. This collection is sold out right now, save for Durmstrong on www.lac-attack.goodsie.com, but I'm sure Ana will be restocking as soon as she can!

Talk to you soon!
Amanda