Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bestie Twin Nails With The Little Canvas!

Hey guys!

Nothing To Disclose

It's Round 9 of BTN with Alaina from The Little Canvas! This time we decided to recreate this manicure from the skittle queen, Nicole from Young Wild & Polished.

First, let's chat for a second. I did this manicure 3 times. That's right. 3 times. The first time, because I forgot that I had purchased polishes specifically for this BTN. So okay whatever, I did it like a month ago and I had time to recreate it with the proper polishes. The second time, I just didn't really like the way it turned out because the polishes that I had purchased looked a lot darker than I wanted so I scrapped it.

So here's were we are: I used some of the new China Glaze Road Trip cremes and an Ulta Exclusive.

The ring finger was China Glaze License & Registration Pls, 2 coats. The other fingers were Cons-Ulta My Manicurist, the Ulta exclusive. I used 3 thin coats for this, it was a bit streaky after 2 coats.

Then I took Boho Blues, the purple color, and License & Registration and did the plastic bag trick on my middle finger (blobbed a bit of each color then smooshed them together with a plastic bag), used my dotting tool on my pinky and drew some little x's on my index finger. How do people draw tiny lines? I used a nail art brush, I tried a toothpick... what the heck? I couldn't get skinnier lines! LOL Oh well, I tried, ha!

These pictures are with topcoat, bee tee dubs.



Then, because I couldn't not... I added some Fairy Dust. BAM. Done, son!


I really really loved these nails! This is one of my favorite BTN's to date!!

Don't forget to check out Alaina's nails!

Talk to you soon!
Amanda