Friday, February 6, 2015

DailyLook LBD Dream Date Style Challenge!

Hey guys!

Nothing To Disclose

When I told about the Little Black Dress Challenge for the DailyLook website, I was initially thinking of a nail art look. While I love fashion, I am pretty basic with my attire so I was glad that the 'assignment' turned out to be a virtual style set, lol!

Every woman knows what a LBD is: the Little Black Dress. I think it's safe to say that pretty much every woman owns a little black dress of some sort. That is, everyone except for me! Yep. That's right. As basic as I am with my wardrobe, I love color so I never gravitate towards the basic black or white colors for clothing. Blue, green, and purple make up the vast majority of my wardrobe, which I'm sure you're not surprised about if you have been a reader for a while.

Since I am in a transition phase of my wardrobe/weight right now, I'm not running out to buy any new clothes so picking out a virtual wardrobe was much more appealing to me! I picked something that I would actually wear or buy; even though I would like to wear the super sparkly mini dresses... let's be real: I'm a mom now, lol.

So where would I wear this outfit? Well, like I said... I'm a mom, I have an 18 month old and I've been married for almost 10 years.... my husband and I don't have a lot of date nights! But let's say we did and let's say I needed to dress up for this date night, I would love to wear something like the following image.

I LOVE this midi dress, partially for the length and partially because it has pockets!! Dresses with pockets are my favorite thing ever and I don't know why it wasn't more common until recently!!

The shoes I selected were pretty simple; I originally had some super sparkly sequin heels but I thought I should tone it down a bit and I didn't really like how the shoes looked with the dress.

This statement necklace is divine, I want to own this right now. And I wanted to add some color with the bracelets and the mint bracelets are so pretty layered around the gunmetal leaf bracelet, I think! And then, duh. The clutch? Yeah, perfectly sparkly and lovely.

So making these Style Sets was so fun! I am going to make a bunch more and hopefully it will help me to not be such a schlub in my attire!! LOL!!

Talk to you soon!
Amanda